Fort Meade families enjoy many holiday offerings on post, ranging from a holiday concert by the U.S. Army Field Band to Meade Club's New Year's Eve Dinner Party. But why not venture beyond those gates to participate in some holiday happenings in nearby communities?
Here is a list of local events published yesterday at www.FocusOnCrofton.com:
NOVEMBER 28 - 30 -
- Festival of Trees- Kennedy Krieger Institute, at the Maryland Fairgrounds in Timonium - More than 500 decorated trees! (For information, www.festivaloftrees.kennedykrieger.org)
NOVEMBER 29 -
- Christmas Tree Lighting at Park Place in Annapolis, 5-8 p.m.
- Annapolis Family Christmas, Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts in Annapolis, 3 p.m.
- The Elves Who Saved Christmas, Children's Theater of Annapolis, 11 a.m. (For information, call 410-757-2281.
DECEMBER 1 -
- Christmas Tree Lighting and Santa's Arrival in front of Crofton Country Club, followed by photos with Santa inside the clubhouse, 6:30 p.m. (No charge and no tickets required)
DECEMBER 4 -
- National Christmas Tree Lighting and Pageant of Peace on the National Mall, 5 p.m. (For more information)
DECEMBER 6 -
- Jingle Bell Hayride, Kinder Farm Park in Millersville, 10:00 a.m. (For tickets, call 410-222-6115 by Dec. 5)
- Santa Stumble, Dock Street Bar and Grill and including pubs along Main Street in Annapolis
- It's a Wonderful Life, presented by Pasadena Theater Company, Anne Arundel Community College in Arnold, 8 p.m. (Buy tickets online at www.PTCShows.com)
DECEMBER 7 -
- Holiday Spectacular, Anne Arundel Community College Concert Band, Pascal Center for Performing Arts in Arlington, 3 p.m.
- Bel Canto by Candlelight, Annapolis Opera at the First Presbyterian Church, 171 Duke of Gloucester St., 3 p.m. (Buy tickets online at www.marylandhall.orgor call 410-280-5640)
- Christmas from Dublin, starring the Three Irish Tenors, Ciaran Nagle, P.J. Hurley and Kenneth O'Regan, Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts, 801 Chase St. in Annapolis, 7 p.m. (Buy tickets online at www.marylandhall.org or call 410-280-5640)
- Holiday on West Street - Live music, performances, reindeer rides, visits from Santa and specials at all the shops, restaurants, boutiques, galleries and theaters, from Park Place to Church Circle in Annapolis. (For more information, visit www.goweststreet.com)
- Sound the Bells Holiday Concert, U.S. Army Field Band at Meade Senior High School, 6 p.m.
- Holiday Crafts Fair, Fort Meade Officer's Wives Club, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (For more information, visit http://www.fortmeadeowc.org or call 410-465-5604)
- 18th Century Greens Show and Sale at the Hammond-Harwood Housein Annapolis, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Dec. 10-14. Each room is decorated for the holidays by a local garden club including Crofton Village Garden Club. (For tickets, call 410-263-4683, ext. 13)
- Candlelight Preview Party, Hammond-Harwood House, 6-8 p.m. ($15 tickets, 410-263-4663)
DECEMBER 11 -
- Midnight Madness - Historic Annapolis' shops along Maryland Avenue, Main Street and West Street will stay open late for shopping, musical performances, refreshments and holiday cheer! 6 p.m. - midnight.
DECEMBER 13 -
- Wreathes Across America - Join volunteers to place donated holiday wreathes at the graves of America's military. In addition to Arlington National Cemetery, there are two local locations: Annapolis National Cemetery - Annapolis and Crownsville Veterans Cemetery Crownsville.
- Crofton Holiday House Tour, featuring seven homes decorated for the holidays, including historic Linthicum Walks, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. (For tickets, call Sally Moore at 301-261-6818)
- Breakfast with Santa, The Courses Clubhouse at Fort Meade, 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. (Tickets required. For information, call 301-677-1437)
DECEMBER 19-20 -
- Ensemble Galilei by Chamber Music Annapolis, Great Hall at St. John's College, 8 p.m. Desserts will be served at a candlelight reception. (For tickets, call 410- 849-2494)
DECEMBER 21 -
- Messiah and Carols for Families, by the Annapolis Chorale, Annapolis Chamber Orchestra and guest soloists performing Part 1 of Handle's "Hallelujah Chorus" , at St. Anne's Episcopal Church in Annapolis, 3 p.m. (For tickets, call <SKYPETMPTAG6/>)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
This information was provided to you by Margaret Woda, an Associate Broker with Long & Foster Real Estate in Crofton Maryland. Contact Margaret today for general real estate information or to learn how she can help you buy or sell a home in Annapolis, Bowie, Crofton, Davidsonville, Gambrills, and Odenton.
Crofton real estate